- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 rounded tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (eyeball it)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
In a small saucepan over moderate heat combine vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Allow sugar to dissolve in vinegar and liquids to come to a bubble. Remove sauce from heat. Next, whisk in the tomato sauce, followed by the EVOO. Let dressing stand.
Arrange sliced tomatoes and onions on a serving platter. Season tomatoes and onions with salt, to taste. Pour dressing over the tomatoes and onions and garnish with chopped parsley.