- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- Flour, for coating
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen organic peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- Crusty bread, for serving
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
In a large skillet, heat about 1/4 cup EVOO, four turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and garlic; season with the oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and lots of salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large, ovenproof skillet, heat a couple of tablespoons of EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and coat in the flour. Brown the chicken on each side until golden, 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine and stock. Stir in the peas.
Transfer the potatoes and garlic to the chicken skillet and place in the oven. Roast to cook the chicken through, 10-12 minutes. Top with the parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with bread, for mopping.