- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped, divided
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound jumbo sweet shrimp, deveined
- Sea salt and pepper and/or Rachael’s seafood seasoning
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
Place 1/4 cup EVOO in a shallow dish with half the garlic and the chili pepper. Add the shrimp and season with seafood seasoning; add salt and pepper if not included in the blend. Marinate and chill for 1 hour.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water.
Heat a skillet with a tight-fitting lid with the remaining 1/4 cup EVOO over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and chili; stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and oregano; cover the pan and raise the heat a bit. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes burst, 10-12 minutes. Mash up the tomatoes a bit and add the feta; stir to combine and reduce the heat to low. Season with black pepper, to taste.
Cook the pasta to al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water just before draining.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and firm and brown at the edges. Douse the pan with vermouth; add the butter and melt. Add the lemon juice and turn off the heat.
Toss the pasta with the starchy cooking water and sauce for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a platter, Top with the shrimp and the remaining sauce.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit