- 1 1/2 cups hard winter wheat berries
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion tops, finely chopped, and some greens
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Rinse and drain the wheat berries.
Place the wheat berries in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches water. Bring to a boil; cover the pan, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until chewy, about 1 hour. Drain, rinse and allow to cool.
Place the cooked, cooled wheat berries in a large bowl; stir in the celery, parsley, scallions, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add the fresh blueberries, dried blueberries and walnuts; toss just to combine.
Chill until serving.