- 8 pork tenderloin cutlets, cut on an angle and pounded very thin and rounded at edges
- Salt and pepper
- Frying oil, such as vegetable oil or canola oil
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Yellow mustard
- Minced fresh red onion or yellow onions
- 4 soft sandwich rolls, such as hamburger buns or brioche rolls
Season the pounded cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat a countertop fryer or a couple of inches of frying oil in large Dutch oven to 365°F.
Coat the meat in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs seasoned with paprika, nutmeg, ground mustard and thyme.
Fry the meat in batches so as not to crowd; keep warm in a 275°F oven on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
Serve the pork on rolls topped with pickles, ketchup, yellow mustard and onions.