- 4 steaks 1-inch thick, flat-iron or sirloin
- Kosher salt and coarse pepper
- A few cloves garlic, sliced or crushed
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- About 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 round tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 pounds small potatoes, such as baby Yukon Gold or red potatoes, sliced
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3-4 ribs celery with leafy tops, from the heart, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Season the steaks with salt and pepper and place in a baggie with the garlic, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce and EVOO; marinate for several hours. Bring to room temperature, then grill or griddle over medium-high heat for 10 minutes turning once. Let stand a few minutes. Thinly slice on an angle against the grain.
For the salad dressing, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, hot sauce, horseradish, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
Cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil; salt the water and cook the potatoes to tender, 7-8 minutes. Drain and return to the pot to dry. Cool the potatoes to room temperature and toss in the dressing along with the radishes, celery and onions.
Serve the sliced steak on or alongside the potato salad.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit