- 3-4 cups leftover Bolognese sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces)
- 1 can black or red beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper Jack or smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- Baked tortilla chips, lightly crushed
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO. Add in the grated zucchini and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the frozen corn, black or red beans and chili powder. Add in the Bolognese sauce and bring up to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with cheese and lightly crushed tortilla chips.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.