- 2 boneless rib steaks or center-cut sirloin steaks (about 1 1/4 inches thick), at room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, 1 halved and 1 grated
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 1 finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for liberal drizzling
- 1 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- A small handful fresh sage leaves
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the steaks all over with the halved garlic clove. Season the steaks with salt, pepper and the chopped rosemary; drizzle with EVOO. Add to the hot skillet and cook, turning once, for 9 - 10 minutes for medium-rare. Let the meat rest, then thinly slice against the grain.
Meanwhile, using a food processor, pulse the arugula, parsley, sage, shallot, the leaves of the remaining rosemary sprig and the grated garlic clove until finely chopped. Pour in 1/2 cup EVOO, the vinegar, salt and pepper and process into an herb sauce.
Slice the meat. Top with lots of herb sauce and serve with the tomato.