- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander (a scant palmful)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (a scant palmful)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice (half a palmful)
- About 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or ground red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1-pound sack sauerkraut
- 1 loaf Rubschlager mini rye or pumpernickel bread
- Softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
Combine the beef with salt, coriander, paprika, garlic, pepper, allspice and cayenne. Form twelve 2-ounce patties.
Heat a large griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Spray the griddle with cooking spray and cook the patties for a couple of minutes on each side; remove to a plate. Clean the griddle.
Rinse and drain the sauerkraut.
Butter one side of 24 slices of bread.
Combine the sour cream with the relish, ketchup, salt and pepper.
Make the sandwiches with the buttered sides of bread facing out, two squares of quartered sliced cheese stacked, a patty, more cheese, some sauerkraut and dressing. Griddle the mini Reuben sandwiches until golden and the cheese is melted; serve warm.