- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin or chuck
- 3 tablespoons onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Natural cooking spray
- 6 slices thickly-cut cheddar cheese from the deli, quartered into 24 small square slices
- 6 cups chopped lettuce, such as romaine or iceberg
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 round tablespoon relish
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Pickle chips, for garnish
Combine the beef with the onion, parsley, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; form 8-12 small patties.
Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and grill the burgers for a couple of minutes on each side. Top the burgers with two squares of cheese per patty; melt under a foil tent in the last minute or so. Remove from the heat.
Combine the lettuce, tomatoes and red onion on a platter; arrange the burgers over top.
Whisk up the mustard, ketchup, relish, vinegar and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, garnish with pickle chips and serve.