- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 small fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ribs celery, chopped with leafy tops
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber (1 pound), sliced 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- A few sprigs of dill and parsley
Heat the vinegar, water, bay leaves, seeds, turmeric, salt and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil; stir to dissolve the sugar.
Layer the celery, onion, cucumber, dill and parsley in a glass or plastic airtight container. Cover with hot brine; chill until ready to serve.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit