- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 pound green beans, halved
- 1/2 pound crimini or white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
- 4 chicken breasts and/or thighs or thick cut whitefish fillet, such as cod or pollock (6-8 ounces each), seasoned with salt, pepper and seafood or poultry seasoning
Position a rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat to 450°F. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice; season with salt. Whisk in the grapeseed oil in a steady stream until it thickens into mayo. Stir in the tarragon. In another bowl, mix the panko and cheese.
On a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish, scatter the green beans, mushrooms and shallots. Drizzle with EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
Slather the mayo on the seasoned chicken or fish and coat with the panko-parm mixture. Arrange the chicken or fish on the vegetables. Roast until cooked through, about 20 minutes for chicken or 15 minutes for fish.