For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 chicken leg drummers
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shots whiskey
- 1/3 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Chopped or sliced scallions
- Carrot and celery sticks
Mix the marinade ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Season the drummers with salt and pepper and add them to the marinade. Refrigerate for 3 hours, then bring up to room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 300ºF.
Arrange a wire rack over a baking sheet. Arrange the drummers on the rack and slow-cook for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes.
For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, swirl for 2 minutes, then add the whiskey, hot sauce and pepper. Drop the heat to low.
Toss the drummers with sauce and top with the scallions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.