- 1 cup cleaned raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water, the pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain. Pat the seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
Toss the seeds with the EVOO and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Spread in a single layer on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until golden, 10-12 minutes.
Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and toss to coat the pumpkin seeds. Roast for 5 minutes more.