- 1 cup cleaned raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water, the pumpkin seeds and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain. Pat the seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
Toss the seeds with the EVOO and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Spread in a single layer on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until golden, 10-12 minutes.
Combine the sugar, sesame seeds, ginger and cayenne in a small bowl and toss to coat the pumpkin seeds. Roast for 5 minutes more.