- 18 cooked, frozen jumbo shrimp, defrosted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cups trimmed arugula leaves
- 9 slices imported prosciutto (1/3 pound)
- 18 grape tomatoes
- 18 party picks (plain wooden sticks, 3-4 inches long)
Place shrimp in shallow dish and add lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper and EVOO. Toss shrimp to coat evenly with dressing. Arrange the arugula in piles of 2-3 leaves, working with six piles at a time. Pile up three slices of prosciutto and cut in half across.
To assemble the shrimp, place one shrimp on each pile of 2-3 arugula leaves, then wrap the leaves up with the shrimp using the prosciutto. Assemble six pieces at a time, like an assembly line. Nest a grape tomato into the curve of the prosciutto-wrapped shrimp and secure in place with a party pick.
Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter – don't forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails of shrimp and party picks, once guests finish the appetizers.