- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 7-8 cups leftover roasted vegetables and potatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, hot or mild, whichever you prefer
- 1 can chickpeas (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
Pre-heat a medium size saucepot over medium heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about two tablespoons. Add three cups of chicken stock. Once it comes to a bubble, add the coriander, turmeric, bay leaf, rice and some salt and pepper. Stir it all together, cover and turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 18 minutes, until the rice is tender.
Once the rice is on its way, pre-heat a large pot over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about two tablespoons. Add the leftover roasted vegetables, curry paste, chickpeas, fire-roasted tomatoes and the remaining cup of chicken stock.
Bring to a bubble and cook for five minutes.
Remove the bay leaf from the rice and divide the rice between four serving bowls. Top with a spoonful of the curried vegetables.