- 4 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves washed and torn
- 1 bag radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a large serving bowl, combine the torn Bibb lettuce leaves, radishes, cucumber and toasted pine nuts.
In a separate small bowl, combine the shallots, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly whisk in the EVOO in a steady stream. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.