- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1/4 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 poblano chili pepper, roasted, peeled and diced
- Corn kernels cut from 1 ear corn
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs, like parsley, thyme and cliantro
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo or hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1/2 cup store-bought salsa verde
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
In a medium size skillet, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and browned, 4-5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, poblano chili pepper and corn and cook until the corn starts to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium heat. While the pan is heating, in a small bowl, beat the eggs and fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet to make an omelet. Set the omelet on a plate, wipe out the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO, one turn of the pan, and make a second omelet.
In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce and chipotle and heat over low heat. Heat the salsa verde separately over low heat or in the microwave until warm.
To assemble, place an omelet on a plate, fill it with the chorizo mixture and fold it over. Serve it with the warm red sauce and the warm salsa verde. Crumble the queso fresco down over the whole thing.