- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin (leaner) or chuck (fattier)
- Kosher salt and black pepper or steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 round tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 (spicy) or 2 (hot) tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Vegetable or olive oil, for drizzling
- Sliced or crumbled blue cheese, for topping
- Watercress (spicy) or Bibb lettuce, tomato and red onion, for topping
- 4 brioche rolls, toasted and brushed with garlic butter
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Place the meat in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, Sriracha, relish, celery seed, paprika and parsley and mix well. Form four patties and drizzle with oil.
Cook the patties for 8 minutes in the hot pan, turning once. Top with the cheese during the last minute to melt. Serve on the rolls with the lettuce, tomato and onion.