- 1 rotisserie chicken or cooled poached chicken
- 12 ounces egg tagliatelle or wide rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons stir fry oil or canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded, quartered and thinly
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced, or 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle
- 2 Fresno, jalapeño or Thai chili peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or oyster sauce
- About 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or liquid amino
- 1/4-1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
Discard the chicken skin, then remove the meat from the bones and shred.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it, add the noodles and follow cooking directions, according to the package directions. Do not cook the noodles until you are already cooking your stir fry.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the pepper, onion (or scallions), chilies, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the fish sauce (or oyster sauce), soy sauce (or liquid amino), stock and chicken; stir. Heat the chicken through, then add the tomatoes. Drain the noodles and add along with the lettuce, basil and mint; squirt in some Sriracha and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings, to taste.