- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon wok oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (several drops)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (a handful)
- Coarse salt
Steam the green beans covered in a half-inch of boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer the beans to a colander and run under cold water. Drain well.
Heat a wok-shaped skillet or large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, one turn of the pan in a slow stream, then add several drops of the sesame oil and the crushed pepper flakes. The pan will smoke. Add the beans and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the sesame seeds and coarse salt and toss to evenly coat the beans.