- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 2 pounds peeled ripe tomatoes or 1 can San Marzano tomatoes (32 ounces)
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process in batches until fairly smooth; chill and serve.
To turn into a summer meal, serve with grilled shrimp for dipping.
Note: if the gazpacho is too thin, add one piece of torn up stale white bread to thicken it up.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit