- 3 cups watermelon, cut into small dice
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into small dice
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper
Combine the watermelon, cucumber, jalapeños, red onion, cilantro, mint, lime zest and juice in a serving dish. Season with salt just before you serve to keep the watermelon from extracting its juice.
Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or over steak, chicken or fish.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit