- 4 ribs celery, cut into sticks or store-bought pre-cut celery
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks or store-bought pre-cut carrots (10 ounces)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into lengthwise strips
- 8 thin scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley tops
- 1 clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut and arrange veggie sticks on platter. If you want to cut down on chopping, many veggies can be store-bought already cleaned and cut for dipping.
In a food processor, combine basil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice and grind into a paste. Add nuts and cheese and grind again to combine them into the paste. Pulse in the EVOO (eyeball it) until it is combined. Transfer to a small dish and season the sauce with salt and pepper, to your taste. Set dipping bowl on veggie platter and serve.