- 4 endives, trimmed and halved lengthwise, each half then split and fanned a bit
- Walnut, grape seed, or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for brushing greens
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts, available in small pouches on baking aisle
- 12 large seedless red grapes, halved
Pre-heat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Brush endive on both sides with oil, season with salt and pepper, and then grill until dark around edges and endives are tender, about 3 minutes on each side. Arrange grilled endives on platter. Sprinkle the endive with white wine vinegar. Keep a finger over the top of bottle to control the flow if the bottle does not have a jigger top. Arrange walnut bits and grapes around the platter and serve.