- 2 small to medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
Pile up two or three layers of paper towels on a work surface. Working on the paper towels, shred zucchini using a box grater holding the zucchini at an angle.
Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add EVOO to the pan, and then add the chopped garlic. When garlic speaks by sizzling, add shredded zucchini. Season zucchini with salt and pepper. Sauté shredded zucchini for 7-10 minutes. Add hot, drained pasta to the pan. Toss spaghetti with zucchini and garlic-infused oil. Add a couple of handfuls, about a 1/2 cup of grated cheese to the pan. Adjust seasoning and serve.