- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce (eyeball it), such as Tabasco brand
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (eyeball it)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley leaves, for garnish
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, peppers, scallions and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add corn to the pan and allow the liquids from frozen corn to cook out, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan and the juice of one lime. Throw the lime halves right into the pan with the veggies – it will really punch up the flavor! Season with cumin, cayenne pepper sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Top with cilantro or parsley and transfer the warm salad to a serving dish.