- 12 slices smoked bacon
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 6 thin scallions, chopped
- 4 large radishes, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small mild red pepper (bell pepper or frying pepper), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 4 everything bagels, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuce, trimmed
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices tomato
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan; bake until crisp, 15 minutes. Let the bacon cool, then reserve eight slices and finely chop the rest.
In a medium size bowl, stir together the chopped bacon, cream cheese, scallions, radishes, carrot, celery, red pepper and garlic.
Slather the bagel bottoms with the cream cheese mixture. Top each with two slices bacon, two lettuce leaves and a slice each red onion and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and add the bagel tops.