- 2 pounds ground turkey (blend of white and dark meat)
- 2 rounded tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 rounded tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion (a scant palmful)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 pretzel rolls (available at Whole Foods)
- Course sea salt (if not included in your pack of rolls)
- 6 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Toppings: stemmed hearts of romaine, sliced tomatoes, onions, pickle stackers, brown mustard
Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
Pre-heat a cast iron griddle or grill pan to medium-high.
Combine the meat with the spices, garlic, crème fraiche or sour cream and parsley. Form six patties, thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking. Drizzle the patties or rub the grill with oil and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Once almost cooked to desired doneness, melt the cheddar on each burger.
Brush the rolls with water, then sprinkle with sea salt (the sea salt may be included in the package); bake for 3 minutes, according to the package directions, then remove from the oven and split.
Serve the burgers on the rolls topped with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and brown mustard.