- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil, for drizzling, plus about 4 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound whole wheat or farro spaghetti
- 4 flat fillets anchovies
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can chick peas (28 ounces), rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Heat the oven to 425°F. Toss the cauliflower with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Transfer to the oven and roast until caramelized at the edges and tender, 25 minutes.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water just before draining.
Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil, four turns of the pan, over medium heat. Melt the anchovies into the oil. Add the garlic and lower heat a bit; stir in the red pepper flakes.
In a blender or food processor, puree half the chick peas with the stock. Add to the pan with the anchovies and garlic. Add remaining whole chick peas to the sauce.
Toss the pasta in the starchy cooking water and chick pea sauce. Add the roasted cauliflower to the pasta and serve on warm dishes topped with cheese.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit