- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied open and pounded very thin (1/8-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes/dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic flakes/dehydrated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Canola oil, for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on bias
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced on bias
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 1 small red frying pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large bunch scallions, whites and greens, chopped on angle
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese or crème fraîche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as dill, parsley and chives
Pre-heat the oven to 275°F to keep the schnitzel warm. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour, turn in the beaten eggs and coat in the panko and breadcrumbs mixed with the the seeds, dried onion, garlic and salt.
Heat a thin layer of oil over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil ripples and begins to smoke, cook the schnitzel until deep golden on each side, 5-6 minutes total. Keep warm on the baking sheet in the oven.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, then season with salt and pepper and cook to tender-crisp, 4-5 minutes. Add the cream cheese and melt or add the crème fraîche; stir in the lemon juice and herbs and remove from the heat.