For the asparagus:
- 1 bunch asparagus (12 ounces), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Black pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto
For the chicken:
- 8 chicken breast cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced into rounds, 1 juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers in brine, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 1-tablespoon slices and rolled in flour
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
In a large skillet of simmering water, cook the asparagus until crisp-tender, 3 minutes; drain. On a large plate, toss the asparagus with the tarragon, lemon zest, 2 teaspoons EVOO and pepper. Divide into four bundles, then wrap each bundle with 2 slices of prosciutto. In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon EVOO over medium-high. Add the asparagus bundles and cook until the prosciutto is browned and crisp, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Season the cutlets with salt and pepper. In the same nonstick skillet , heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add half the cutlets and cook until light golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO and cutlets. Add the lemon slices to the skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add the garlic and capers; stir for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add the stock and the flour-coated butter; swirl the butter in the skillet until melted. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, 1-2 minutes. Add the parsley and lemon juice, to taste.
Divide the chicken and the asparagus bundles among four plates. Top the chicken with the sauce and the lemon slices.