- 1 1/2-2 pounds flank steak, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulate onion
- 6 cups arugula
- Fresh lemon juice
- Shaved pecorino cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 500°F.
Heat a griddle pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high.
Make a few shallow cuts in the meat and insert the sliced garlic. Rub the meat with EVOO, sprinkle with the rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
Add the meat to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, 12-15 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes. Slice crosswise against the grain.
Meanwhile, on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the snap peas with EVOO, then sprinkle with salt, lots of pepper and the granulated garlic and onion; toss to coat. Roast until the peas are charred at the edges, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the arugula with lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Top with the cheese.
Serve the steak with the snap peas and salad.