For the pico de gallo:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the nachos:
- 1 bag guacamole chips, such as Food Should Taste Good brand
- Shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped cooked bacon, divided
- Shredded romaine hearts
- Sour cream
For the pico, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and let sit for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors combine.
Layer the chips with the cheese, tomatoes and bacon and bake in a hot oven. Top with the lettuce, pico, more bacon and more sour cream.