- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 box of frozen corn (10 ounces), defrosted
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups leftover Chili con Carne (or whatever chili you have)
- 2-3 cups shredded white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (a couple of handfuls), chopped
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the corn and black beans.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla to the skillet and let it toast until it starts to slightly scorch, then flip it and do the same on the second side. Repeat with all the tortillas. Place two toasted tortillas in the bottom of an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. Top with one third of the corn/black bean mixture, one third of the chili and a handful of cheese.
Repeat this procedure, layering tortillas, corn/bean mixture, chili and cheese. Top with remaining single tortilla and remaining cheese.
Transfer to the oven for 20 minutes or until you see the sides bubbling. Garnish with chopped olives and cilantro.