- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley tops (1 1/2 cups, packed)
- 2 small cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Salt and pepper
- 8 3-ounce fat sticks of halibut, black cod or other sustainable white fish
- About 7 tablespoons canola oil, vegetable, olive oil or other high-temperature oil
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko or large flake fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Combine the parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice, capers, salt, pepper and about 3-4 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor or blender. Puree into sauce.
Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat a shallow layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, 3-4 tablespoons. Coat the fish in flour, eggs and then the breadcrumb-panko-cheese mixture. Shallow fry the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side, drain on paper towels and serve warm with parsley sauce, lemon wedges, roasted or grilled vegetable and chips alongside.