- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots or 10-12 baby spring carrots, thinly sliced on bias
- 2 leeks, whites and light green parts, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2-3 cups snap peas, halved across
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock (64 ounces)
- 2-3 cups pulled poached chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 pound broken pappardelle
- 1/2 cup tarragon, chopped or 1 cup basil, torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat a soup pot over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, two turns of the pan. Add the carrots, leeks, snap peas, salt and pepperl partially cover the pot and cook to tender-crisp, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock and chicken and bring to a low, rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. If you are serving the soup over several days or hours, cook the pasta and store separately.
Stir in the herbs and remove from the heat; add the lemon juice and serve.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit