- 2 pounds swordfish, skin and red parts removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Lemon wedges
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F. In a food processor, pulse the swordfish until coarsely ground. Transfer to a medium size bowl; add salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix in the egg and panko.
On a cutting board, make a gremolata by chopping together the parsley, lemon zest and garlic. Gently mix the gremolata, tomato, red onion and EVOO into the swordfish mixture.
Roll the swordfish mixture into walnut-size balls (about 2 tablespoons each) and arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until the meatballs are cooked through and lightly browned in spots, about 15 minutes.
Squeeze the lemon wedges over the meatballs; serve with arugula salad.