- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes (about 20), halved
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or Meyer lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 thin ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 tilapia or sole fillets (5-6 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or finely ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes; drain.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons EVOO, vinegar, mustard and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Toss with the drained potatoes, celery, shallots and tarragon; season.
Season the fish. Place the ground almonds on a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium. Melt the butter in the EVOO. When the foam subsides, coat the fish in the egg, then dredge in the almonds. Cook until the fish is browned and opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Divide the lettuce among plates; top with the fish. Serve with potato salad and lemon wedges.