- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for rubbing
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablesppons butter
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous (from a 10 ounce box)
- 4 small strip steaks or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or 4 boneless pork chops, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Using a food processor, finely chop the capers and garlic. Add the arugula, parsley, vinegar, anchovy paste and 1/4 cup EVOO and pulse until a coarse chimichurri sauce forms; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the sun-dried tomato paste and couscous, cover and turn off the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
While the couscous is working, heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Rub the meat with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak and 5 minutes on each side for chicken or pork. Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes.
Fill a deep, medium skillet with one inch of water and bring to a boil. Salt the water, add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and toss with the lemon juice and a drizzle of EVOO.
Top the meat with the chimichurri and serve the asparagus and couscous alongside.