- 8 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- Four 1/2-inch thick slices tomato
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound yellow cheddar cheese
- Worchestershire sauce, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- One bag spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (10 ounces, or about 6 cups)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- A splash of half-and-half or whole milk
Pre-heat the broiler.
Place the bacon on a broiler pan and cook until crisp, 12-15 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Toast the bread slices under the broiler on both sides. Top with the tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Top the tomatoes with the cheese and broil until bubbly and golden at the edges, about two minutes. Place two slices of bacon criss-crossed on top of the toasts and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Cut the toasts in half diagonally.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter into the EVOO, about one turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about one minute. Beat the eggs with the hot sauce and half-and-half, then season with salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the spinach and cook, stirring to scramble, to desired doneness.
Serve the eggs with the toasts.