- 2 pounds small potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into large chunks
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, with any big fruit pieces chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or snipped
In a medium size pot, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by one inch. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes, uncovered, until fork-tender, 12-15 minutes.
While the potatoes are working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, about two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes total. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, apricot preserves, honey and poppy seeds and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
Drain the potatoes, return to their pot and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the dill and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with the chicken.