- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- One 2-inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat thinly sliced
- 1 small or 1/2 large head napa cabbage (about 4 cups), shredded
In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallions, ginger, garlic, black pepper and crushed red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the lime peel and lime juice, then whisk in the Tamari and honey to combine. Turn off the heat.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken and cabbage with the sauce to combine well.