- 2 teaspoons natural style creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce), eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 pound spaghetti (about a quarter of a 16 ounce box) – try whole wheat spaghetti! – cooked according to the package instructions and rinsed under cold water
- 1 tablespoon light sesame seeds, toasted over medium-low heat for 3 minutes (optional)
- Shredded carrots, scallions, bean sprouts or other veggies (optional)
In a medium microwaveable bowl, heat the peanut butter in the microwave oven until melted, about 15-20 seconds (or heat peanut butter over low heat on the stove until mushy).
Whisk honey and Tamari into the peanut butter, then whisk in the sesame oil and the ginger.
Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, and top with the sesame seeds, if you want to go really groovy with the noodles. If you want to bump up the crunch factor, add some shredded carrots, scallions, bean sprouts or other veggies.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.