- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa, red or green, mild or hot
- 3/4 pound brick smoked cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives and pimentos, drained
- 3 scallions, cut up with kitchen scissors or chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces chorizo or linquica sausage (available near the kielbasa in your grocery store's meat department), thinly sliced or diced
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Take out two nonstick cookie sheets. Place two tortillas on each cookie sheet, one next to the other.
Top each tortilla with lots of cheddar cheese.
Place another tortilla on top of each cheese-covered tortilla.
Put the tortillas in the oven and bake five minutes. Take them back out of the oven using pot holders.
Press the tortillas down a bit with a spatula to set them in place with the melted cheese.
Top each cheese quesadilla with some salsa, a sprinkle of smoked cheddar or pepper Jack cheese, olives, pimentos, scallions and some thin slices of chorizo or linquica sausage.
Put the pizzas into the oven and cook until the edges are brown and crisp and cheese is melted on top, 5-6 minutes more.
Take the pizzas out and transfer one whole pizza onto each dinner plate and serve.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.