- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning or salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 shallot, chopped or 1 scallion cut into thin slices with kitchen scissors
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 deli slices provolone cheese
- 1 thin crust pizza shell, such as Boboli brand
- 1 cup pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
Pre-heat the broiler and ask a grown-up helper (GH) to make sure the oven rack is in the center of the oven.
Mix together ground beef, grated cheese, grill seasoning and shallot or scallion. Break the meat mixture in half and from each pile make four large meatballs. Squish the meatballs flat to make them into mini hamburger patties.
Wash your hands after handling the raw meat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the patties in a little EVOO for two minutes on each side. Ask your GH to check them for doneness.
Pile the sliced provolone up and cut across to make half-moons, then cut in half again to make wedges. Ask your GH for help making the cheese wedges, if you need it.
Use the cookie cutter to cut out eight 3-inch circles of pizza crust. Place the pizza crust circles on a cookie sheet and place a spoonful of pizza sauce on each, then place the mini burgers on top.
Place two wedges of provolone on each burger and one slice pepperoni on top of the cheese.
Put the mini pizza cheeseburgers in the oven to melt the cheese and warm the crust.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.