- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 pound chunk provolone cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound bocconcini, pieces cut or snipped in half
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, chopped or snipped into pieces (available in jars at the deli counter)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained (14 ounces)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 pound salami, sliced, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted, black or green
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 10 leaves fresh basil, torn or snipped into slivers
Make the dressing: whisk balsamic vinegar and EVOO together in a small bowl until combined. Add salt and pepper and whisk again.
Combine cheeses, red pepper, artichoke hearts, meat, olives, tomatoes, lettuce and basil on a shallow platter. Pour dressing over them.
Season salad with salt and pepper.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.