- Vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for pan
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into quarters by a grown-up helper (GH)
- 1 small green bell pepper
- A splash of milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush a 6-muffin tin with vegetable oil or EVOO.
Put ground beef into a big bowl.
Put onions into a food processor.
Cut the bell pepper in half and rip out the seeds and the white stuff and throw it away.
Cut the pepper into a few pieces (ask your GH for help if you need it) and add to the food processor.
Pulse the food processor to finely chop the onion and bell pepper. Add to the meat bowl.
Whisk the milk into the beaten egg and add to meat. Add breadcrumbs and grill seasoning.
In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
Wash your hands well after handling the raw meat.
Use a large ice cream scoop to put the meat into the muffin tin.
Top each "muffin" with a spoonful of reserved sauce. Bake about 15 minutes. Ask your grown-up helper (GH) to cut open one muffin to test if it's cooked through.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.