- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
In a blender, combine the cider vinegar with the shallot, mustard, salt and puree. With the machine on, gradually add the EVOO until blended, then mix in the boiling water.
In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the green beans until barely tender, about four minutes. Drain the beans and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet; let cool.
In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the tomatoes, apple, onion, parsley and chives. Add the dressing, toss well and serve.